Keyword research for affiliate marketing is of great importance. It is what makes visitors/readers find your website content when they are searching for information or if they want an answer to their questions.
So what is KEYWORD and what are the factors that make keyword very important in affiliate marketing?
A keyword is the single word or phrases that are used as a search query. It is a word or a phrase that they type on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. No matter how much content you have, how good of articles you have written, how pretty your website is and how much high paying affiliate links or promotions your website has, but if they are not visible then those are going to be useless.
Researching and choosing the right keyword according to your niche is the right process to attract the right visitors to your website. Keyword research ensures that your website is going to be visible to your audience. The more targeted your Keywords are and the higher the value of the content that you created around those keywords will give you a much higher chance of being on the higher rank of search engine where the audience can easily find you thus your likelihood of getting sales increases.
Affiliate Marketing And Keyword Research—What Are Their Connections
Keyword research is one of the key element in gaining traction and having the right audience and I mean lots of them. The keyword is going to be your best friend for as long as you are blogging, has a website or in affiliate marketing.
By searching and using the right word or phrase and incorporating them in your content, title and even social media promotion, you have a higher chance of creating a high traffic website.
Search engine users obtain information or answers to what they are looking for by typing specific keywords or keyword phrases and choosing the most relevant result. You want your website to have as many opportunities to be included in those search results as possible. To simply put it, you should try to use every keyword phrase that you think someone is searching for in order for them to find your site.
Pointers For Keyword Research And Usage
- When people do their search they type in a keyword phrase rather than just a keyword, most keyword phrase usually is consists of 3-word phrase or longer as it helps narrow their searches. So by using keyword phrases on your site increases your chances of getting a higher rank on the search engine page, because more keywords/phrases match the search query.
- Click-through rate or the number of people click your listing to go to your site also increases, due to more words matching the search query.
- Your conversion rate or the amount of visitors who actually purchase something signs up, or take whatever action is appropriate on your site also increases because more likely it is on your site what the audience is looking for.
- Search engine users are becoming wiser as time goes on, they have found out that a single keyword is too broad of a search to return the results they’re looking for. For instance, this is what happens when you do a search for apple. You might be looking for apple phone product review, but doing a quick search on Google with the keyword apple gives you a result that varies. The results came back as an apple store, apple inc., apple watch, apple sign in, etc when all you’re looking for is a product review for Apple phones.
- Using simple everyday language that searchers are likely to type it is important. It is best if you include multiple uses of each keyword phrase, enough to stand out on the page without forcing your keywords into your content.
- It is best to mention each keyword a couple of times in your content but make sure that it still sounds natural.
- Avoid using general phrases; be sure to include detailed descriptive words. If keywords are too general, they are likely to be up against too much competition from others targeting the same keywords.
- Although, if your keywords are too specific, lesser people search for those terms, resulting in fewer potential visitors. Balancing is the key. You need to find the right combinations for your site by finding the keywords that bring traffic that will actually convert.
- When putting keywords to your content, make sure the words surrounding them are also good, searchable keywords. For example, if your business dealt with dropshipping, you might use keyword phrases like this:
—Profitability in a dropshipping business
—The best products to sell online
—Tools to use for dropshipping business
***These can all be used as headings for paragraphs or as links to their own pages. Bear in mind, search engines also look for keywords in hypertext links in which when clicking a word or phrase takes you to another page within the website. In addition, using a search phrase within the hyperlink leads to a higher search rank for that phrase.
- Knowing where to search for keywords and their rankings is crucial also, personally as a blogger I use Jaaxy as my tool which is very helpful. Find out more about it by clicking HERE.
Key Points To Remember
- Keyword research for affiliate marketing is extremely important.
- Keyword research ensures that you are right where you want to be in terms of your audiences.
- Successful affiliate marketing takes effort that one must maintain and keep up with your keyword research allows you to maintain that momentum.
- Being specific with your keyword rather than using the general or common ones will give you that edge you want with your traffic.
- Using the right keyword, conducting the best keyword research for affiliate marketing and utilizing the best tool for keyword research such as Jaaxy will put you to the track of visibility and success.
Affiliate marketing is an excellent way to make money online. But in order to make any money or be successful in this industry, you need a steady flow of targeted traffic visiting your site that will eventually lead to a high conversion rate. In other words, without traffic, you’ll get nowhere.
And in order to get traffic to your site, you need to understand keyword research.
For questions and comments, please leave them down below. If you like this topic please share them.