Content, as we all know, is KING and is the most important part of your website. It is where your success will be based off.
You’ve picked your niche, you have a great keyword that has quite a bit of traffic but not a lot of blogger has written articles about, so your next task is to create valuable content around that great keyword.
Your goal is for your article to be found by these viewers which in turn will be your follower because you created something that is of value to them and with that comes their expectation of you delivering a high-quality content every time they visit your site.
These prospects will come to visit your site regularly and will expect the same quality content over and over again. So you have to deliver high-quality content over and over again as well.
If you want more information about keyword and keyword search, click here, as I have created a great article about it.
The Significance Of Content Creation
Content creation can be a daunting and overwhelming task to a lot of bloggers, especially for the less experienced ones. But with practice and consistency, it will be developed. Content marketing, to me, is still is the best marketing and will forever be as it is the “main course” on a website.
It’s like frequenting a restaurant, you visit that specific restaurant regularly not because of the ambiance or the facade but it’s because of their food their “main course”. Apply that to a website that has a nice facade but has no valuable content, you still won’t go back to that site again because they didn’t get your trust.
You didn’t feel valued as they didn’t answer your questions and there’s nothing inside that site that you like.
Content marketing is the process of creating valuable content for prospects to be attracted to your site and as you consistently publish free high-quality content, these prospects will be transformed into a loyal follower.
By creating content where viewers can gather ideas from and where their questions will be answered, you are building trust and relationship with them which in turn will convert them into buying products or services that you endorse.
So here in this post, I will show you how to create quality content in your website that will increase your traffic that will eventually be transformed into a loyal follower.
How To Create Quality Content For Your Website
The following are my approach and a system that I have been using which will help create high-quality content more fun, less daunting, faster, easier and more consistent.
Oops, but before I share my system, let me tell you briefly what high-quality content is consisted of.
- It should be readable. Make your paragraphs short by breaking them into shorter pieces as readers get bored with long paragraphs. Black or gray ink texts over a white backdrop are preferable.
- Remember, you are writing for actual readers, so write in a natural tone of a conversation.
- Make your content engaging.
- Insert intentional images, those that are related to your topic and of high quality too as humans are visual in nature.
- High-quality content that is meant to help viewers and answer their questions can be attained when you write longer content, preferably 1000 or higher word count. Make your content packed with information.
- Make your headings captivating, separate your paragraphs with heading tags using H3/H4 on your tab.
- Your content must be original, don’t copy and paste other’s content.
Alright, now let’s dig in.
Why Mentally Preparing Yourself Is Very Important:
I am a mother and housewife, first and foremost. Just like any mother and a wife like me, I have a lot of responsibilities and tasks to do. With content creation, you have to stay focus and has to have a mindset that you are building a site for people to go to.
Your mind should be set on a goal where you are only to give good values to your viewers. Whatever directions you plan to take your blogging to, the goal should always be the same. To deliver high-quality content that will help viewers.
Remember, your content will be of no good if no one reads it. So it is important to have an awareness of how search engines will be able to help your site get more exposures. Which will enable you to get to your target audience who will be your follower, hopefully, for the rest of your blogging career?
And in order for search engines to help you and rank your site better, you have to create quality content consistently.
The Start Of My Blogging:
When I started blogging, I already set my mind up that this is what I really wanted to do while being a stay at home mom. I set my mind up that with blogging it could take time to gain traffic and to be able to monetize it.
This is a reality in any business, it could take months or years to gain any profit which is the same with blogging and building an online business.
Money wise, it is not easy as you are investing money but you don’t get anything in return right away. Even though, your monetary investment is smaller compared to a brick and mortar business. Just the same, you still invested the vast richness of yourself, which is your time.
So, what I did was, I turned my passion and collections of antique and vintage stuff into a smaller scale business as a side gig for extra income while I was leveraging myself off with blogging.
I also had to prepare my family as I needed to make them aware that I needed that space and time allocated for when I create contents and develop my sites. It is very important to make them prepared also as you don’t want them to be less understanding of what you are doing which will make your focus be diverted. The fewer worries are the better.
I don’t know about you, but I am the kind of writer whose writing gets affected when I have other worries on my mind, so I like to declutter my brain of issues that can be settled easily to be able to write better. That way I can stay positive, my confidence will stay up and I can think better.
I find that I am more innovative and productive when I am in a good mood and has fewer tensions in my mind, which I believe applies to every writer too.
The Following Are My Ways Of Decluttering/Distressing My Mind To Lessen Tensions Which Could Help In Other Parts Of Your Life Too, Not Just With Content Creation:
- Meditation and Yoga–These 2 by far are the best mind exercises that have been invented, not to mention yoga is a good body exercise too. They are free, you can go to YouTube and check out these massive choices of meditation and yoga tutorials.
- A good night sleep and a nap.
- Relaxing music.
- Good communication with my husband and children.
- Decluttering our house.
- I love flowers and plants so I have fresh flowers and live plants inside and around my house.
- I light stress-free scented candles like jasmine and mint often.
- Reading encouraging and devotional books.
- Watching an encouraging family-oriented movies in Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
- I get a massage with manicure and pedicure ( an occasional splurge when needed).
- I live a simple life and try to live within our means. As we all know, complicated and extravagant lives can be disastrous and may make ones mind heavily burdened with worries.
- Nature tripping and walking.
- Mini trips or vacations.
Remember your content is the biggest feature on your website, without a productive and relaxed mind, high-quality content creation may not be possible! And I find these helpful in avoiding blogger’s burn out too.
Alright, onto the next one.
Why Is Creating Content Over A Few Days Is A Good Move
Looming deadlines and cramming can be extremely stressful and that stress does not allow us to do our best work.
As a blogger, we are our own editor, which sometimes can be stressful if we create content in one sitting or in a day. I find it helpful to publish a content two to three times a week. Three contents in a week for me is a lot (but I still try sometimes)as I am a stay at home mom, which means I have several other chores and 4 kids to be there for.
Content creation can be a daunting task, so spreading it over a few days gives me a chance to:
- Create content relaxed and joyful—stress seems to be depleting. It makes us less productive and less focused. So by starting your content creation well in advance and doing it in a pace that is comfortable to you will give you a stress-free environment in which to create. This will enable your ideas to flourish more.
- To come up with new ideas or a different angle—thinking about your content when you’re doing something different will help as you’ll come up with a new approach to your project. Sometimes just taking a short break helps to get your mind less strained.
- See my content in a new perspective—When you have been staring at your project for a while, you tend to not noticed some areas that need enhancing or some errors that need fixing. Again by spreading your content creation process allows your eyes to see those mistakes or enhances that is needed.
Why Is It More Important To Create Better Content Instead Of More Content
Each day more and more content is published on the web. You wonder, how are they going to find and read yours?
This is where better content comes into play. You need to create content that will stand out from the rest. Your focus needs to be on the creation of better content that will be noticed because it was written with the highest form of quality.
It is that kind of content that people will remember and will be acted upon because of its value. As I said, great content is the one that was planned well, thoughtfully written and easy to read. This kind of content is the one that will always rise to the top.
High-quality content that’s written tastefully and thoughtfully gets read, shared and bookmarked. The kind of content that people will remember and look back for years to come.
If you want to be more knowledgeable about content creation, click here, as this is where I learned everything about website building, content creation, marketing and more.
Mastery in content creation is an acquired skill, something that is learned..if you want to progress into one, click here.
If you are a newbie and need to learn from scratch, from website developing, picking a niche, hosting, etc, click here as this is the best platform to learn from
Food For Thought
If you are presently creating content, consider putting your focus and effort in creating high-quality content and published it on the same day each week. Consider spending time on the other days of the week in promoting that piece of content to drive people to read it, restart the system and then begin creating high-quality content for next week.
I hope I was able to help you with this article. If you like this post please share and leave your comment down below. If you have further questions, please leave your questions and I will be more than happy to help.